About our Scholarship Program
SAE Creative Media Institute offer scholarships to outstanding creative media applicants. SAE Scholarships are awarded to recognise creative talent coupled with academic excellence and outstanding leadership.
Applications for 2017 scholarships close 19th December, 2016.
Creative Media Scholarship
Creative Media Scholarships are awarded to high-achieving secondary school leavers who have demonstrated outstanding scholarly ability as well as strong leadership skills and creative potential. The aim of this scholarship is to assist graduating secondary school students and provide them with an opportunity to develop skills and achieve their goals within the creative media industry.
|Who can apply
|| Commencing students
|| Feb 2017
|| December 19 2016
Recipients will be entitled to a full academic scholarship towards a bachelor degree over the course of two years. Scholarships can be undertaken in one of the following disciplines: Animation, Audio, Design, Film or Games.
- Minimum 17 years old (turning 18 in the year of commencement)
- Completion of Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (SSCE)
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Applicants must be commencing students who have not previously studied with SAE
Creative Indigenous Scholarship
Indigenous scholarships are awarded to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students who have shown high academic achievement, strong leadership skills and a creative passion during secondary school. The aim of this scholarship is to assist Indigenous Australians and provide them with an opportunity to develop skills and achieve their goals within the creative media industry.
|Who can apply
||December 19 2016
Recipients will be entitled to a full academic scholarship towards a bachelor degree over the course of two years. Scholarships can be undertaken in one of the following disciplines: Animation, Audio, Design, Film, Games or Web & Mobile.
1) Fill out the online application form below.
2) Fill out an Apply Now form to enrol to study for the February 2017 intake
Applications must include the following:
- A completed application form;
- Evidence of eligibility of criteria: Eg. Passport, Birth Certificate, proof of descent, Secondary School records (Note: Year 12 final year results are required in order for applications to be accepted);
- A covering letter explaining the reasons for applying for the Creative Media Scholarship which includes what they aim to get out of their time at SAE and why they should be considered for the scholarship;
- A portfolio* of creative work demonstrating excellence (25MB limit);
- Two written references supporting applicant's creative and personal achievements (Eg. School Principal, Employer or both)
*As a guideline, we accept URL links to non-downloadable portfolios, such as soundcloud, Youtube personal websites and other digital media channels. Your portfolio should include examples that display your best design skills, illustrations, showreels, audio files and other work relevant to the course you are applying for.
Scholarship Terms and Conditions
These scholarships are awarded in line with the following terms and conditions:
- The recipient is the sole holder of the scholarship in a specified program;
- The scholarship must be taken following the year of application.
- The scholarship is non-transferrable and cannot be exchanged for monetary value;
- Undertake ambassador duties for 20hrs per Trimester. This involves attendance and participation at key events such as Expos, Open Days and other campus initiatives;
- Recipients must maintain a high academic standard across all units of study and must not fail any module of study;
- Recipients agree to be profiled for marketing and promotion purposes. This may include, but not limited to, providing photos and profile information for SAE’s website, newsletters, advertising and other marketing collateral;
- Scholarships entitle the recipient to undertake approved modules of study from the program in which the scholarship is held, and
- Scholarships are for tuition fees only.
- Note: The Institute is not obliged to award the Scholarship if it is determined that there were no suitable commencing student applicants. Should scholarship holders fail to meet any condition the scholarship may be reviewed or terminated.