This information is for international applicants.

If you are an applicant from Australia and New Zealand or if you have a current permanent residency visa, please go to the domestic student application and enrolment process page.



Complete the online international student enrolment form.

Send your completed enrolment form to: [email protected].

Please ensure you attach a copy of your passport, academic documents, and evidence of English competency.

SAE has agreements with a number of approved agents who can assist you.

A list of SAE approved agents is available here.

SAE International Admissions will review and assess your application and if you meet entry requirements we will email you a Letter of Offer. If you are using an education agent, your offer will be sent to your agent.

An offer may include conditions that must be met before your enrolment can be approved.

If you have requested advanced standing or credit (Recognition of Prior Learning – RPL), we will help you to apply for this before you receive your unconditional course offer.

When your application for enrolment has been approved by admissions, you will be asked to:

  • Sign a Student Admissions Agreement
  • Pay a tuition deposit
  • Arrange OSHC (Overseas Student Health Cover)

Your study placement is confirmed when you receive a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE). An eCoE is required before you can apply for your Student Visa. If you are using an education agent, your eCoE will be sent to your agent.

International students who need to apply for a new student visa should submit an application online at the Australian Department of Home Affairs website. If you are using an education agent, they will assist with this. For more information, visit: Subclass 500 Student Visa

Wait to receive your Student Visa, then book your tickets to Australia! Click here for more information about planning your arrival.


The Australian Department of Home Affairs (DHA) issue visas for entry to Australia. International visitors intending to stay in Australia for the purpose of full-time study must apply for a Student Visa Subclass 500. The application is submitted online via the Department of Home Affairs website.

Before you can apply for your visa, you will need to receive an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE) from the education provider. Your COE will be sent to you after your enrolment has been approved and you have paid the minimum deposit quoted on your course offer.


The minimum visa cost is AUD $620 for the main applicant unless they are exempt. There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa. You might also have to pay other costs for health checks, police certificates and biometrics. To work out what your visa will cost use the Visa Pricing Estimator.

The visa application charge and other visa-related costs are to be paid by yourself, separately, these are not included in the fees paid to SAE.

Student Visa processing times can be different for everyone, depending on your personal circumstances. Applying during peak periods can also affect processing times.

The Dept. of Home Affairs provides updated estimates of visa processing times on their website. Visa processing time is calculated from the date you submit a completed visa application to the date of the decision.

To ensure you have plenty of time for visa processing, you should ensure you have read and understand all student visa requirements and submit a complete application with all documents prepared in advance. We advise that you start your visa application as soon as you receive your COE.

The steps for applying for a visa can be found here.

Your Student Visa will have conditions. These conditions are determined by the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) and will be listed on your Visa Grant Notice. Some conditions are the same for each student (Mandatory Conditions), while others may be applied depending on your circumstances (Discretionary conditions). Breaching your visa conditions can result in cancellation of your Student Visa, so you should ensure you understand all conditions applied. A full list of conditions is available here.

Education providers do not provide detailed visa advice or assist with visa applications. If you need help with your student visa application, you can contact the Australian Embassy or High Commission in your home country or; you can consult a migration or education agent for assistance.

SAE has agreements with a number of approved agents who can assist you.

A list of SAE-approved agents is available here.

Are you a domestic applicant?

Head over to the Domestic Entry Requirement page to find out about entry requirements that apply to you.

Girl with purple hair sits with pen poised above a sketchpad. SAE Design student

Unleash your creative future today

How can we help you?
Learn more about our courses, ask a question or request more information.
Take the first step in launching your creative career with confidence
SAE is excited to now offer our campus tours in person or online!

Book a Tour

SAE boasts world-class facilities and collaborative spaces geared towards the creative media industries, as well as flexible remote learning options.

Why not check SAE out for yourself and book a campus tour? When you book a campus tour, you are given an opportunity to speak to an SAE Course Advisor, who can address your needs and help answer your questions.
I'm applying as an
I'm applying as a
Choose Your Country
Choose Your Language