Turn your passion for visual storytelling into a dynamic filmmaking career.
Your pathway to an award-winning career in the Film industry starts at SAE.
Sharpen your practical skills behind the lens as a producer, screenwriter, director, or post-production pro with experts from the real world at your side.
Take advantage of our small classes combined with collaborative online study and pick the brains of industry-experienced mentors, getting rare tips and tricks of the trade to help you thrive in the world of film.
Gain hands-on experience using professional equipment and the latest software, learn traditional and modern approaches to cinematography, and explore production techniques to give you a competitive edge.
You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with like-minded creatives from various SAE disciplines to create a well-rounded body of work and showcase your growing skillset.
When you study at SAE, we’ll help you find work placement opportunities through our extensive industry network, allowing you to get a taste of the world of film before you graduate.
All of this is on offer within SAE — a creative force where visionaries from varied disciplines come together to create magic and thrive!
- Video editor
- Production designer
What our students say about SAE
Sarah KhalafSAE Alumni | Current Job: TV Producer
Expert Spotlight: Mairi CameronMairi Cameron | Film lecturer
Matt PoidevinSAE Alumni | Current Job: ENG Camera and Editor
YOUR CAREER IN FILM BEGINS NOW
Is Film for you?
We have outlined some considerations and suitability recommendations to consider before you study Film at SAE.
- a strong sense of creativity and imagination
- a willingness and ability to collaborate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds, including industry practitioners
- have technical, computer and software skills
- have critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- adaptability to changing technologies and industry trends
- possess an interest in the societal, ethical and cultural factors influencing creative industries
- a willingness to devote up to 10 hours per week for every 10 credit points you study. This will allow for scheduled classes, personal study and project work.
- a keen interest in storytelling and film history
- a familiarity with film genres, styles, and techniques
- an interest in learning about film equipment and software, such as cameras, lighting, and editing software.
Film insights & stories
We're here to help
We understand the personal nature of the creative industries and we get hands on with you. Our state-of the-art studios and industry leading equipment will provide you access and exposure to discover your creative voice. Smaller, interactive classes help to cultivate exploration and opportunities for collaboration. Our network of creative practitioners are available in person and online.
You have access to one-on-one support to help you on outcome-focused learning and work practice. You’ll graduate with applied skills, hands-on confidence, and contemporary expertise that is industry recognised and highly sought-after.
If you would like to find out more, schedule a call back with an SAE course advisor.