Entry Requirements - International Students
If you are an Australian Resident visit SAE's domestic entry requirements
ACADEMIC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Successful completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (Year 12) or an equivalent overseas qualification.
- Minimum overall pass is required.
Don’t know if your overseas school certificate is equivalent to Australian Year 12?
Email a copy of all your education records together with your application and SAE’s International Admissions team will review and advise.
What if I did not complete Year 12 can I still get into SAE?
Some international students may be eligible to apply via our Experience Based Entry process. This is for applicants who do not meet the Year 12 requirement.
This will also depend on other factors in your application, such as your age, level of education, level of English proficiency, motivation for creative media and relevant experience.
For more information email: [email protected]
SAE recognises that preparation for study is not restricted to formal educational attainment and that valuable skills development can be gained through relevant experience.
Our Experience Based Entry Scheme allows you to be considered for entry to an undergraduate course through an assessment of your ability to succeed in higher education.
SAE will review applications on a case by case basis if you:
- Are at least 18 years of age
- Do not have the formal qualifications required for direct entry
- Seek admission to courses on the basis of your aptitude for higher learning and skills development through professional, work, life experience and non-accredited study.
To apply via Experience Based Entry, you are required to undertake an interview with an assigned representative of SAE and provide supporting evidence that may include:
- Records of any formal educational qualifications attained
- Evidence of any informal studies undertaken
- References relating to work history relevant to the chosen field of study (if applicable)
- A resume or Curriculum Vitae
- A portfolio of relevant materials that demonstrates creative aptitude, knowledge, technical skills and abilities.
In addition, you may also be asked to undertake an exam or written assignment to satisfactorily demonstrate capacity to meet the course requirements or provide examples and/or a portfolio of work.
In all cases, Experience Based Entry into a Higher Education course will only be granted to students with a minimum Year 10 level of schooling.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
International students have to provide additional evidence of language skills and complete one of the following. English test scores more than two (2) years old at the time of application will not be accepted.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): A band score of 6 or higher for an Associate Degree/Bachelor course and 5.5 or higher for a Diploma course (only the Academic Test is accepted), OR
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): 73 or higher for an Associate Degree/Bachelor course or 63 (internet-based test) for a Diploma course, OR
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): Academic score of 46 (or higher) for an Associate Degree/Bachelor, and an Academic score of 36 (or higher) for a vocational education program.