Melbourne Campus Open Day | 8 AUGUST 2021
Aug 08 2021 | 10:00AM - 2:00PM
Find your true calling with the leading global specialist in creative media education.
We’re opening the doors to our Melbourne campus on Sunday 8 August, from 10 am - 2 pm, as an opportunity for you to check out the facilities and equipment, meet with lecturers and ask any questions you might have about studying at SAE before the next intake in September.
SAE continues to undertake Government advice regarding COVID-19. Attendance at this on-campus event will be strictly limited and SAE will adhere to the social distancing restrictions in line with National and State-based government regulations.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions and reduced capacity you must register for Open Day in order to attend. We ask that you bring no more than one guest with you to the event and they must also register.
Your registration to attend is your agreement to the SAE Physical Distancing Agreement conditions.
If you're considering studying creative media (Animation, Audio & Music, Creative Industries, Design, Film, or Games) this event is a great opportunity to speak to our experienced team and find out more about this dynamic and expanding industry. You can check out our amazing equipment and facilities, meet your future mentors, talk to current students and discover the career opportunities that await you after graduation.
ACTIVITIES ON THE DAY:
- Take a small group tour of our purpose-built campus
- Meet our expert team of academic trainers
- See demonstrations of current and past student projects from all disciplines, including student games, screenings of short films from the animation and film departments, diverse graphic design portfolios, and audio production projects
- Get answers to your questions about getting started with SAE
- Complete enrolment paperwork
SAE MELBOURNE OFFERS YOU:
- A hands-on, studio-based approach to best prepare you for a creative career
- Outstanding professional development opportunities and work placements
- Nine audio studios including three high-end large-format recording studios using the Audient ASP 8024, Neve Genesys and AVID S6
- Designated mastering suite
- 360sqm acoustically treated multipurpose sound stage for use across all streams
- Four state-of-the-art edit suites
- AVID S6 dual-purpose studio for post-production and recording with red-net ethernet-based recording interfaces
- Seven after-hours iMac computer labs and three PC labs with the latest creative media software including Unreal, Unity, C++, Maya, Visual Studio, Protools, Abelton, Adobe Creative Suite, Autodesk Suite, AVID, AfterEffects and DaVinci Resolve
- Fully stocked Library with quiet study area, collaborative study area and resource centre
- Professional standard film equipment including the SONY PMW-F5, 3x FS7's, Steadicam and much more
- HTC Vive virtual reality headsets for 3D gaming
OPEN DAY | MELBOURNE CAMPUS | 8 AUGUST 2021 | 10:00AM - 2:00PM
Save time on the day, by registering at the link below. You'll receive express entry through the doors!
GETTING TO SAE MELBOURNE
The closest bus stops are: Montague St & Normanby Rd (2-minute walk to campus)
The closest tram stop: Stop 126 (Montague St) on the 109 route (4-minute walk to campus)
Free parking is available on Normanby Road and behind the campus on Woodgate Street.