By the SAE team
Latest SAE events
So you have registered for the Open Day event at your local SAE campus. What next?
What is OPEN DAY?
Great question! We do get asked this a lot!
Open Day is a day dedicated to you and providing you with a chance to meet your (creative) people. You can see the type of projects you will be a part of at SAE. It’s your chance to get to know SAE a little better – our courses, our facilities, our community – and to find out why this is the ultimate next step in your creative future.
It can be a little overwhelming coming to an Open Day event. Beat the case of the empty-head syndrome – “What was that question I had…?” – plan ahead, get in, have fun, get the information you need to make an informed choice and get on to enjoying your weekend.
To get the most out of an SAE Open Day, we have prepared some handy tips and hints.
BEFORE THE EVENT
Get with the program
Have a look at the Open Day Events program and find the session or showcase that relates to the area you’re interested in.
You can take a campus tour, chat with the Admission team to discuss enrolling, and check out student works and showcases. There will be real-time presentations in Animation, Audio, Creative Industries, Design, Film, Games, and Music.
- Grab a copy of the Open Day program
- Highlight the events you would like to attend – note the time!
- Visit the studios relevant to the area of study that interests you (students and examples of their work will be here!)
- Speak to the lecturers about courses
- Speak to student services and admission about study options and finance
ASK THE RIGHT QUESTIONS
Here are some practical frequently asked questions that will help you get the information you need about future studies at SAE.
Top questions to ask at an Open Day
- How will SAE help me get a creative career?
- What opportunities are there in these industries?
- What’s the difference between a private provider and a public university; for example, “why should I choose SAE”?
- Do I need any experience in this area?
- Can I study part-time, or defer my studies once I enrol?
- What software does SAE use (e.g. to develop games)?
- What have SAE students gone on to do and achieve? Does SAE have any Alumni I might know?
ON THE DAY
Plan your threads
It’s all about comfort so plan on wearing something you can trek around in. Campus tours happen all day. You want to be thinking about your next question to ask, not that blister forming on your heel!
Ditch the car
SAE campuses are often located in urban areas, close to the action and hustle and bustle. Parking can be limited so plan on using public transport or locate the parking lots around the campus that offer all-day weekend parking.
Look out for the men in black
If you have a question, need some directions, or want to speak to a lecturer, student services, students or any other SAE representative, keep an eye out for the ‘men (and women) in black’! We are here to help. #saecrew
Grab some swag
Grab some SAE merchandise, a course guide and an SAE bag to carry it in.
See us at the door when you check-in.
Charge your phone/tablet ahead of time
You may want to take photos of yourself, your friends, or the equipment you see. Maybe you need to coordinate your UBER, check-in at Open Day, or keep your notes on hand.
Keep your charger on hand, you can always plug in on campus!
Explore the city
SAE Institute has locations in some of Australia’s most vibrant cities.
Find out more about each campus below.