SELECT A COURSE
AVAILABLE IN Australia
Diploma of Screen and Media
The creative industries are dynamic and encompass a wide variety of businesses; knowing where you want to specialise can be difficult.
This hands-on diploma provides you with an introduction into what it's like to work in creative fields such as Animation, Audio, Design, Film, Games, and Music. You will explore 3D modelling, animation concept development, audio recording, audio editing, poster design, web design, screenwriting, video editing, title sequences, game design, game concept development and music production.
You’ll engage in a collaborative, simulated work environment to produce a creative media project and be directed through project management methods to bring creative concepts to life.
You’ll earn the foundations of industry-standard creative media tools, such as Maya, Ableton, Unreal Engine, Pro Tools and the Adobe Creative Suite.
Upon completion, you will be eligible for up to 40 credit points towards your choice from the available Higher Education Diploma’s or Bachelor degrees at SAE.
*SAE has a range of approaches to learning and teaching that can be activated to provide flexibility in the face of changing circumstances as required, to support student progression regardless of external factors.
SAE Students working behind the scenes at the 2019 Splendour in the Grass festival
Find out more about Studying Creative Industries at SAE
Graduate roles may include
Industry Associations & Partners
- Online (Aus)
YOUR LEARNING EXPERIENCE
SAE has implemented a remote flexible learning option for current and future students. The range of tools developed by SAE will not only allow students to collaborate online but also gain experience in remote working practices widely used within the creative industries.
From day one you'll start creating on the latest software and equipment, under the guidance of expert lecturers.
- Learn industry-standard creative media tools, such as Maya, Ableton, Unreal Engine, Pro Tools and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience a Creative Media course designed in collaboration with industry partners and develop the skills that the creative media industries want.
- Learn and apply a range of creative media tools and processes used in the audio, animation, design, film, games, and music industries.
- Work with your peers to develop your skills in learning, career planning, and collaboration.
- Learn in a collaborative, work-simulated environment where your lecturers facilitate your learning so that you learn by doing.
- Learn and apply industry-standard project management methodologies from day one.
Diploma of Screen and Media (Creative Industries)
The Diploma of Screen and Media (Creative Industries) has a strong practical focus, underpinned by key theoretical components. The course content is derived from our strong links to industry and our 40-year history in designing and teaching creative media courses.
To complement your technical skills, you will graduate with skills across:
- Self-directed learning
- Professional development
Upon completion, you will be eligible for up to 40 credit points to put towards your choice of available Higher Education Diploma’s or Bachelor degrees at SAE.
Graduate roles may include:
- Junior Multimedia Designer
- Junior Multimedia Production
- Junior Film Production
- Junior Audio Engineer
- Junior Graphic Designer
- Junior Games Designer
- Junior Music Producer
|Animation Practice||Audio Practice||Film Practice||Games Practice|
|Music Practice||Design Practice||Creative Industry Studies||Creative Media Projects|
- Creative Industry Unit
- Multi Discipline Unit
|Creative Industry Studies|
|Creative Media Projects|
- Creative Industry Unit
- Multi Discipline Unit
2 Trimesters Fast Tracked Full Time
3 Trimesters Normal Full Time
4 Trimesters Extended Full Time
Enrol By: 08 Oct 2021
Trimester Start: 20 Sep 2021
Trimester End: 17 Dec 2021
Applicants for VET diploma courses must satisfy one of the following minimum entry criteria:
- Provide a copy of a Senior Secondary Certificate of Education that has been awarded by an agency or authority of a State of Territory for the student’s completion of year 12; OR
- Provide evidence of successful completion of an Australian Qualifications Framework Certificate IV or higher qualification (where the language of instruction is English); OR
- Achieve an Exit Level 3 or higher in literacy and numeracy in the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) as demonstrated in the Core Skills Profile for Adults (CSPA) as well as an Alternative Entry meeting with an SAE representative.
For more information on Alternative Entry for a VET Diploma Course, please read the Student Entry Procedures – Vocational Education & Training (VET) Courses or contact your campus directly for more information.
Fees and Payments
Credit and recognition of prior learning
SAE may recognise your prior learning and may grant credit towards satisfying the requirements for a VET or a higher-level program. This is applied where previous learning is considered equivalent to the content and learning outcomes prescribed for modules within the program.
For full details, please refer to SAE's policy on recognition of prior learning and credit transfers.
Find more information on how to apply and the enrolment process here, or call 1800 723 338 to speak with a course advisor.