Byron Bay Campus Open Day | 8 AUGUST 2021
Aug 08 2021 | 10:00AM - 2:00PM
Find your true calling with the leading global specialist in creative media education.
We're opening the doors to our state-of-the-art Byron Bay campus on Sunday 8 August, from 10 am - 2 pm, as an opportunity for you to check out the facilities and equipment, meet with lecturers and ask any questions you might have about studying at SAE before the next intake in September.
SAE continues to undertake Government advice regarding COVID-19. Attendance at this on-campus event will be strictly limited and SAE will adhere to the social distancing restrictions in line with National and State-based government regulations.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions and reduced capacity you must register for Open Day in order to attend. We ask that you bring no more than one guest with you to the event and they must also register.
Your registration to attend is your agreement to the SAE Physical Distancing Agreement conditions.
You can check out our amazing equipment and facilities, meet your future mentors, talk to current students and discover the career opportunities that await you after graduation.
SAE Byron Bay is a purpose-built campus with cutting-edge facilities, set against a background of lush sub-tropical gardens just 5 mins from town. We offer Bachelor, Diploma and Certificate courses Animation, Audio & Music, Creative Industries, Design, Film, or Games, in a relaxed and friendly learning environment.
OPEN DAY SESSIONS:
During Open Day session times, you will learn about our unique programs, career pathways, learning outcomes, equipment and facilities, internships and admissions information and discover how our students are gaining a competitive edge when entering their chosen industry.
Join us on the day!
SAE BYRON BAY OFFERS YOU:
- A hands-on, studio-based approach to best prepare you for a creative career
- Outstanding professional development opportunities with Byron Bay Bluesfest, Splendour in the Grass, Falls Festival, Mullum Music Festival and more
- 3 computer labs running industry-standard software for all disciplines including Unreal Engine, Unity, Maya, Ableton, Protools and the Adobe Suite.
- 10 digital and analog recording studios, with premium industry consoles including:
- Flagship SSL Duality
- SSL 9000K
- Neve Custom Series 75 console
- EMP MIDI suite feat. Prophet 08, Roland JV 1080, Ableton Push and the Roland System 1m modular synth
- Live sound equipment featuring the Yamaha LS9 digital console
- A range of professional standard digital film cameras including:
- Sony PMW range
- Sony PXW-FS7
- Large green screen studio (offsite) with movable sets. Insert studio with cyc (onsite), blacks and set lighting
- Edit suites with the latest film post-production software
- Professional standard design and animation equipment including, Wacom graphics tablets
- Custom Gaming PCs - 32GB RAM, 500GB Solid State Hard Drive, GTX 1070 Graphics Cards and 28 inch 4K widescreen gaming monitors
- Secure and affordable on-campus student accommodation
OPEN DAY | BYRON BAY CAMPUS | 8 AUGUST, 2021 | 10:00AM - 2:00PM
GETTING TO SAE BYRON BAY
For schedule information visit: blanchs.com.au/timetables
Don’t let the front gates deter you, follow the road around to our reception area, where there is ample on campus parking available.
The campus is a 10 minute walk from the town centre, and a 5 minute walk from the Byron Bay Arts and Industrial Estate. Cycle and walking tracks connect the campus to both hubs.
Domestic and International Travel
Coolangatta (Gold Coast) and Brisbane are the main airports for domestic and international travel.
Local Airports (Domestic and Regional Travel)
Ballina Airport has domestic fights to Sydney, Newcastle and Melbourne.
Lismore Regional Airport offers daily Regional Express Flights (REX) to Sydney.
Airport Transfers (Gold Coast, Brisbane and Ballina)