By the SAE team
Latest SAE events
What is OPEN HOUSE?
Great question! We do get asked this a lot!
Open House is your chance to meet your people and to see the type of projects you will be a part of at SAE. It’s your chance to get to know SAE a little better and to find out why this is the ultimate next step in your creative future.
To get the most out of an SAE Open House, it is a good idea to prepare a couple of questions – that will help you decide as to whether SAE is the right fit for you.
We have identified a list of questions that you may find helpful to ask. Not everyone will need every question, or maybe these ideas will help you formulate your own top 5 questions to ask at an SAE Open House.
*Dates and months may be subject to change.
Questions to ask at an SAE Open House
Top 5 questions to ask about the SAE courses
- What qualifications are available in my discipline area and how long does it take to complete studies?
- What facilities/equipment will I have access to as part of my studies?
- How flexible is course delivery? Can I amend the workload in different trimesters to suit my life/work commitments? What are the exit points and what qualifications are available?
- How do I apply? What requirements do I need to start studying at SAE?
- What learning support is available to me?
Top 5 questions to ask about job prospects
- What types of careers do SAE graduates go into?
- Does SAE offer work placement support during the course?
- What career guidance is available to me?
- What opportunities are available to develop my employability skills?
- How is SAE connected to the industry?
Top 5 questions to ask current students
- How do you juggle classes, studio time, and work/life/family?
- What are the best and worst things about uni, in your opinion?
- How have you found the course so far – what are the teaching/facilities/services like?
- What’s the town or area like?
- What makes SAE students special?
Top 5 questions to ask lecturers
- How much contact time will I have with lecturers?
- How much studio time is required to fulfill the course requirements?
- Will I have final exams?
- What will the course cover?
- What size are class groups?
Top 5 questions to ask student services
- What services and support are available to me?
- If I am struggling with my study load, how can I apply for extensions or amend my enrollment?
- Are there counseling services or qualified persons available on campus to speak to if I have a problem?
- Who would I go to for assistance with the Library or IT Services?
- When is Orientation and what can I expect at Orientation?
Top 5 questions to ask a course advisor
- What is the enrollment process?
- Could you tell me more about applying through an Admissions Centre?
- What are the entry requirements and available pathways?
- Are there scholarship opportunities available? How do you apply?
- Are there other campus events that I can attend?