Wellness Support

 At SAE, we understand the importance of providing you with support throughout your studies. Along with a range of on campus support services, we have provided some key contacts that offer counselling support across a wide variety of areas. If you are experiencing issues such as  anxiety or depression, personal problems, relationship troubles or past or recent trauma, accessing support can have a positive impact on your emotional and mental health and academic success.

Helpful resources for students


Mental Health

Physical Health

Counselling Support

www.lifeline.org.au  13 11 14 (24 hour)
Provides access to suicide prevention, crisis support as well as mental health support services.

Suicide Call Back Service
https://www.suicidecallbackservice.org.au/ 1300 659 467
Free counselling services. 24 hours, 7 days a week.

A national youth mental health foundation dedicated to improving the wellbeing of young Australians.

Kids Helpline (up to 25 years)
www.kidshelp.com.au  1800 551 800
A 24 hour counselling service for young people, offered by phone, email or over the web.

Alcohol and Drug Information Service
Provides information about Alcohol and Drug Information Services in each State and Territory.

Smart Recovery (Self-empowering addiction recovery support group)
Face-to-face and online groups for people wanting to overcome their addictive behaviours.

Gambling Help
www.gamblinghelponline.org.au  1800 858 858
Phone, online and face to face counselling to help people understand and overcome problem gambling and support them through the process.

Sexual Assault
www.nswrapecrisis.com.au  1800 424 017
A 24 hour telephone and online counselling for people whose life has been affected by sexual violence. Similar services are available in your State or Territory.

Mensline Australia
www.menslineaus.org.au  1300 78 99 78
Provides telephone support, information and referral service to men experiencing relationship difficulties.

Gay and Lesbian Counselling and Community Services of Australia
Provides information and links to the primary gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender persons telephone counselling service organisations across Australia.

ACON Community Health and Action
www.acon.org.au  1800 063 060
Australia’s largest community-based gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender health and HIV/AIDS organisation promoting health and well being. Similar services are available in your State or Territory.

Relationships Australia
www.relationships.com.au  1300 364 277
Provides counselling support services to individuals, couples and families, victims of crime and LGBTI community.

National Sexual Assault, Family and Domestic Violence Counselling Line 1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732)
Counselling, information, advice and referral to local services. Available 24 hours a day for people who have experienced, or are at risk of experiencing, family and domestic violence and/or sexual assault.

Beyond Blue
www.beyondblue.org.au 1300 22 4636
Provides information about anxiety and depression.

Black Dog Institute
A research and educational facility offering specialist expertise in depression and bipolar disorder.

SANE Australia
www.sane.org  1800 18 7263  
Provides information and support for people affected by mental illness, their family and friends.

Reach Out
Web-based service offering information, support and skill development to improve mental health and well being.

The Butterfly Foundation
www.thebutterflyfoundation.org.au  1800 33 4673
Provides support for people suffering from eating disorders and negative body image.

This is a free web-delivered service from Australian National University for people experiencing depression and anxiety. Students can really benefit from participating in these modules.

The National Association for Loss and Grief
www.nalag.org.au  (02) 9489 6644 (call costs will apply)
Information on services available as well as telephone counselling for people experiencing grief.

Service for Rehabilitation of Torture and Trauma Survivors
Information, resources and support for refugees. Similar services are available in your State or Territory.