Fee Options

Fee Options for VET Diploma programs

Domestic Students

VET Student Loans

SAE students studying VET Diplomas  may be eligible for funding assistance with VET Student Loans (VSL*).

Students are eligible for a VET Student Loan if they:

  • are enrolled in a VET Student Loans approved course offered by a VET Student Loans provider;
  • meet citizenship/residency requirements;
  • have a FEE-HELP balance of more than $0; and
  • meet student entry requirements.

Eligible VET Diploma programs are:

    • CUA50815 Diploma of Music Industry (Studio Production)
    • CUA50815 Diploma of Music Industry (Electronic Music Production)
    • CUA51015 Diploma of Screen & Media (Creative Industries)

Eligible students can access VET Student Loans where they can apply for an Australian Government loan and start making repayments (through tax) when they are earning more than $46,620 per year (as per the 2020/21 financial year).

*From 1 January 2017, The Australian Governments VET FEE-HELP scheme has been replaced by the VET Student Loans (VSL) scheme. For detailed information regarding the VET Student Loan scheme you can visit the Department of Education and Training website or access the 2019 VET Student Loan Information Booklet provided by the Department.

A VET Student Loan is a personal debt obligation that can affect your credit rating and have wage and tax repayment implications. It is also important to understand that a VET Student Loan gives rise to a HELP debt that continues to be a debt due to the Commonwealth until it is repaid. It is important to remember the following: 

      • the loan will remain a personal debt until it is repaid to the Commonwealth; and 
      • the loan may, until the debt is repaid, reduce a student’s take-home (after-tax) wage or salary and may reduce the student’s borrowing capacity; and 
      • a student may wish to seek independent financial advice before applying for a loan.

VET Student Loans will not be approved for students who do not meet eligibility requirements. For more information on eligibility requirements, visit the Department of Education and Training website.

SAE VET Diplomas, are currently listed as approved and eligible for funding assistance under the new VSL program with the loan funding capped at $10,342 per course.

International Students

The first trimester of tuition fees must be paid on initial registration. Please contact international.admissions@sae.edu for further registration information. All further tuition fees are paid in instalments prior to the commencement of each subsequent trimester.

Fee Options for certificate and short courses

Domestic Students

For SAE's certificate level and short courses, tuition assistance is not available and fees are due on the day of course commencement.

International Students

Visa conditions may or may not allow international students to study certificate level or short courses with SAE. Please contact international.admissions@sae.edu for further information.

New Zealand Special Category Visa (NZ SCV) holders HELP loans

In December 2015, the Australian Government passed legislation to allow certain NZ SCV holders access to HELP loans from 1 January 2016.

To be eligible, NZ SCV holders are required to meet a range of long term residency requirements.

These requirements are:

  • that the student arrived in Australia at least 10 years ago as a dependent child (i.e. aged under 18 years of age and did not have a spouse or de-facto partner); and
  • the student has been ordinarily resident in Australia for the previous 10 years (that is, they have been here for the last 10 years – including resident for eight of the last 10 years, and 18 months of the last two years), and;
  • the student is otherwise eligible for HELP. 

To get the specific dates for your movements in and out of Australia, request your International Movement Records by completing this form (free of charge). Download the form here.

For more information on HELP loans for NZ SCV holders, including clarification on whether you hold a NZ SCV, please visit: https://www.studyassist.gov.au/citizenship-status/new-zealand-special-category-visa