SAE Creative Media Institute offers a range of payment options for students.

Fee options for Diplomas, Associate degrees and higher qualifications

Domestic Students


SAE offers Diploma's, Associate Degrees, Bachelors and Masters programs that as Higher Education qualifications are eligible for full fee funding assistance under FEE-HELP.

  • All Master program offerings.
  • All Bachelor program offerings.
  • All Associate Degree program offerings.
  • These Diploma program offerings:
    • Diploma of Game Development
    • Diploma of 3D Animation
    • Diploma of Music Production
    • Diploma of Audio Production
    • Diploma of Graphic Design
    • Diploma of Film

Eligible students can access FEE-HELP where they can apply for an Australian Government loan and start making repayments (through tax) when they are earning more than $46,620 per year (as per the 2020/21 financial year). Approved students can begin study without having to pay up-front fees.

FEE-HELP is a personal debt obligation that can affect your credit rating and have wage and tax repayment implications.

Detailed information about accessing FEE-HELP is available at the Study Assist website.

International Students

The first trimester of tuition fees must be paid on initial registration. Please contact international.admissions@sae.edu for further registration information. All further tuition fees are paid in instalments prior to the commencement of each subsequent trimester.

SAE is listed as an approved provider under the Commonwealth of Australia Higher Education Support Act 2003. This means our courses including masters, bachelor and associate degrees attract FEE-HELP for Australian students.

Fees are processed on the census date of each trimester, based on the module/ unit price as listed in our current Fee Schedules.

Who is eligible for FEE-HELP?

A student is eligible for FEE-HELP if they:

  • meet the citizenship and residency requirements
  • are an Australian citizen who will undertake, in Australia, at least one unit of study contributing to your course; OR
  • are a permanent humanitarian visa holder who will be resident in Australia for the duration of your unit; OR
  • are a permanent visa holder who is undertaking bridging study for overseas-trained professionals, and will be resident in Australia for the duration of the study;
  • are enrolled in an eligible unit of study by the census date for that unit; and have not exceeded the FEE‑HELP limit.
  • *Maintain a 50% Pass rate of their modules 

*For more information on pass rate requirements please refer to the FEE-HELP Information booklet for your current year of study. 

How to apply for FEE-HELP?

To apply for a FEE-HELP loan, a student will need a tax file number (TFN) and to complete the online form via the eCAF system. eCAF invitations are emailed to students prior to commencement. If you don't have a TFN, a student can submit a certificate of application for a TFN during the eCAF application process. This certificate is available from the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) after an application for a TFN has been received. Please be sure to follow all the steps when applying for a TFN, applying online is just the first step. Contact the ATO on 13 28 61 for TFN information.

From 1st of January 2021, all new students applying for Commonwealth Financial Assistance (VSL, HECS-HELP, FEE-HELP, OS-HELP, SA-HELP) will need to provide their USI on their Commonwealth Assistance Form (CAF or eCAF) prior to census date. This also includes all on-shore international students.

A USI - Unique Student Identifier is a reference number that creates an online record of your training and qualifications attained in Australia.

To create a new USI or find your existing USI please visit the USI website.

Students must submit their eCAF application before the census date. If a student does not submit the form on or before the census date, the student will not be eligible for a FEE-HELP loan.

Note: Students have six weeks from the census date of a unit to correct any errors to their enrolment that would prevent them from being eligible for FEE-HELP.

For important information on the census and administrative dates, as well as further information on deadlines and withdrawals.

Will previous study or other debts affect eligibility?

No (unless a student has already reached the FEE-HELP limit). Any previous study a student has undertaken, and any other financial debts a student may have incurred will not affect their eligibility to access a FEE-HELP loan. As long as a student meets the eligibility criteria and has enough of their FEE-HELP balance left to cover tuition fees, a student will be able to access FEE-HELP.

What course fees do FEE-HELP and VET STUDENT LOANS cover?

Eligible students studying HE Diplomas, Associate, Bachelor and Postgraduate Degree courses can borrow up to the FEE-HELP limit to pay their tuition fees for courses.

Tuition Fees

Tuition fees are processed on the census date of each trimester, based on the module/ unit price as listed in our current Fee Schedules.

Lifetime Loan Limit

The lifetime loan limit is the total amount you can incur in your lifetime under any Commonwealth student loan scheme – whether it is Higher Education FEE-HELP, VET Student Loans or a VET Student Loan. It is indexed each year, in line with the Consumer Price Index (CPI). In 2021, the lifetime loan limit is $108,232 for most students. Students can view their loan obligations by logging into myUniAssist on the Study Assist website(opens new window). You will need your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) to log in.

If you get a FEE-HELP loan to pay for your undergraduate course, you will have to pay a 25% loan fee*

*The loan fee does not count towards your FEE-HELP limit.

Click for more information on FEE-HELP.